Thursday, July 25, 2013

Big Chop ~vs~ Transition

I have been asked a lot of questions about going natural. I am hearing a lot of concerns about having to do what we would call a "Big Chop". Not everyone is comfortable with cutting all of their hair down to its natural state.

Well, I have good news for you. You don't have to. It is perfectly acceptable, and for some preferable, to grow your natural hair out to a length in which you are comfortable before deciding to cut off the processed ends.
So, how can I do this, you ask? I would first suggest to try to go without using heat. There are styles that will help blend the two different textures of hair. Some recommendations I have would be to wear: braid outs, twist outs, buns, individual braids (be sure that the braids are not too tight as this could cause more damage than it's worth), and other protective styles.

There's a wealth of informational videos on natural hair care forum sites such as YouTube, CurlyNikki.com, and Long Hair Don't Care. Explore sites like these for tips and instructional videos on how to do these styles at home and save money. Or, try to find a salon that specializes in natural hair care in your local area for added help and support.

As always, leave a comment, share your concerns, suggestions and let me know what you think.


Together we will accomplish our growth goals of achieving long, healthy hair. I am thoroughly enjoying this journey. Watch me grow From My Nape to my Waist....

No comments:

Post a Comment